Tales of Arrissia
A downloadable game
Welcome to Arrissia...
A faraway world at war with itself for as long as anyone knows. Civilisation is fractured across its hostile lands. Under the rule of the Protectorate, its people now enjoy modest safety from Arrissia's many dangerous beasts.
Your story in this world is that of an unenviable orphan - kept away from, the outside world your whole life . Now 18, you've been released from Protectorate care to fend for yourself. Without work, you are barred from what little security civilisation offers. No trading, no owning land, no contracts of any kind. But without any training, finding work will be hard.
And so you find yourself unceremoniously dumped outside the gates of your old village. Left to your own devices. Most likely a quick death - but who knows? Maybe you're attentive and careful enough to outlast the dangers Arrissia has in store for you... but probably not.
Check out the demo over at https://jonathanwiddowson.itch.io/tales-of-arrissia-demo
The Game in Short:
- 10-15 hour campaign
- 22 game levels
- ~36k words of story, lore, dialogue
- 40 character levels, 4 abilities with 10 levels each
- 50 unique items
- Full-blown stats and mechanics section
- Manual included!
Alright. So What's This Game About, Then?
- Figuring stuff out: You might get lost. You might get confused. But your trusty journal and crafty mind make the perfect team.
- Developing your character: Get better at surviving thanks to items, statistics, abilities, and levels.
- Depending on yourself: Blind luck and carefully engineered compulsion loops are fine-and-dandy, but here you get to beat the game by yourself, for yourself.
- Exploring with freedom: Do whatever you want whenever you want (although you might die!) Explore nooks and crannies and be rewarded with amusing* snippets of lore and jokes.
- Surviving: No, really. Arrissia looks all hugs-and-cuddles, but it's not. You'll get swarmed, trapped, and beaten down. Engage carefully and pick your targets well.
* In the developer's humble opinion!
Now, Dear Adventurer
Prepare to play, instead of getting played. Let your own curiosity drive things forward. By paying attention to details, keeping your wits about you, and exploring areas thoroughly, you'll stand a chance of surviving what Arrissia has to throw at you. That random flower pot there is actually pretty interesting. Oh, and so is that book. And so is that one window over there. Oh, and there's a super-good magic ring over there, by that pile of papers. Gee-whizz, gotta keep one's eyes open, eh?
So sit back, relax, and get ready to explore Arrissia. Take your time, dear hero, and enjoy yourself.
By NeetFreek. Check it out over at https://www.neetfreek.net
PS. Tales of Arrissia is released soon. If you're interested in knowing when it hits, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll let you know.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: